A thorough assessment of your upper limb condition or scar is undertaken to determine the best course of treatment. Treatment goals are then established together, aiming to return to everyday activities, sports, hobbies and work. Specific hand and arm treatment is recommended, tailored to your situation, to provide the best possible outcome.
Specific scar treatment may be required for scars that can become hard, tight, red and raised in appearance.
- Education on scars
- Recommendation of silicone products and taping
- Scar Massage techniques
- Compression garments
A wide range of upper limb conditions are treated
- Hand and wrist fractures
- Dislocation, Ligament injuries of the fingers, thumb or wrist
- Tendon injuries
- Tendon conditions such as De Quervains tenosynovitis, Trigger finger and ‘Tennis elbow’
- Nerve injuries or compression such as Carpal tunnel syndrome or Cubital tunnel syndrome
- Hand trauma crush injuries or amputations
- Upper limb burns and scars
- Following any hand and arm surgery such as Dupuytren’s contracture release